6 Days Overland In Malaysia-Thailand

Yay, finally I write this journey. I call it, the epic journey and here we go ..

Well, this trip so impulsive because I never plan it before. I just saw promo tickets in Instagram, you can check @Ekoardiansyah if you want to get promo ticket to KL or Singapore from Banda Aceh or Medan. Alhamdulilah , I got the ticket only 650K for flight on 29 March and back on 3 April 2018. I decided to travel on March because it will be awesome gift for my birthday. Lol

Yay, happy birthday, sweetheart!

Do you believe if I say that I counted the days everyday? Yep , I did it, like I can not wait to feel the epic journey. Finally, I woke up on 29 March, after slept for 4 hours because like usual, I can not sleep well if I will go to somewhere, because I was excited, maybe! Last night, I packed my stuffs for a long trip. I brought 2 long skirts, 1 pajamas, 4 tshirt, 4 veils, and underware (2 course), 2 shocks, neck pillow, skin routine, notebooks, sanitary bags, hat and glasses. Is it not too much, right? : D

I flight from Banda Aceh on 03.50 PM, then landed in KLIA2 on 06.09 PM. Wait, almost forget, in this journey, I was not alone because my staff joins the journey. She wants to try be a backpacker. After we bought some snacks and mineral water, we bought bus tickets from airport to KL Sentral only with 12 RM or Rp 42.000. 

The bus will departure on 07.00 PM, so I waited in bus then got slept again. Distance between airport and KL Sentral 56 about KM, so we need 45 minutes. How to get the ticket? You can buy it in bus ticket counter in ground floor, but if you wanna use skytrain, you can buy the ticket in first floor.

I woke up when the bus almost arrive in KL Sentral. I saw the city from window, I enjoyed every single lights, wonderful buildings, the people and of course the feelings. I never let the moment passed without being captured first. As usual, I always use my feelings to feel it, of course! And so happy for it. One hours passed, we arrived in KL Sentral then went to upstair to got the skytrain and stoped in Pasar Seni station. I thought that this station so strategic because its really closer than my shadow to reach the city. Lol !

We exit from train in Pasar Seni station, we went to hotel just walking because the hotel not too far from night market in Central Market. Honestly, I love this place because full of people but still clean and good looking. The night we ate India food or maybe Bangladesh or Turkey, upssorry because I can not make sure it. Actually, I would like to eat seafood but I was so tired and wanna get sleep as soon as possible, because I do not like beef so I chose ate fried chicken and briyani rice. If you want to eat same menu, you have to pay 12,5 RM as 43.750 rupiah. We finished the dinner almost 10.00 PM, felt so tired, so we excited and went to hotel faster, Alhamdulilah China town hotel closer damn and not bad for backpacker, the price under 200.000 rupiah. There are lifts, hot water, the bad good enough, clean, smell not bad, but I hate because we can hear voice or ngorok from other rooms.



Second day, I woke up earlier to pray then I took a bath and prepared to go. We had plans to visit many places like Twins Tower, Petronas Tower, KLCC, Dataran Merdeka and a lot of places which have great history. We checked out from China Town hotel and went to find halal food around china town. When we will cross the road, we met someone wearing uniform and we knew him member of KL City Hall. I tried to know what is that but google can not help me at the time. But after we had a talk and got breakfast, finally I knew him, he is like administrative police who has responsibility to check every tourist. I felt so blessed met him because he is so kind and explained about KL and Malaysia also accompanied us going to Jame 'Mosque and around that. 

As planned, for this trip, I just want to walk randomly, so I do not have itinerary and plan like usual. I just want to follow the maps and my travel mate. You know why I like this concept? Because I missed to be stranger or feel free passed the day. Haha!

I felt tired, I felt hungry, I felt angry, I felt it so much. I just miss to be myself. The reason I love travel because I can be my own and the reason I insist to solo travel because I do not want to bother people and vice versa. Because not easy to be my travel mate. Haha

As long walk around KL, we just walk and take the bus, the famous bus in here is Go KL, like trans Jakarta but free means  free . Oh, I love it so!

But in this moment, I regret because I cannot try delicious food as my hope like seafood or local food because I don’t have any reference about it. So, I just ate whatever food we met. It’s bad part of this journey, indeed. 

I enjoyed some place in KL, they have detail pattern and vintage designs. Sometimes, I felt so bless that my country have stories with great country like England or another country in Europe. Because they borrow awesome cultures to my country when colonization period. I though, we cannot become like this, be independent country, able access education freely, etc without passed it. Even we cannot deny bad effect like mental illness or another effects. 

Well, back to my trip. Third day, we planned to join with city bus tourism but it was so expensive then we decided to take the Go KL and then went to National Mosque and some buildings around it before we went to airport and went to we went to Thailand by airplane. We booked one room in Glur Hostel in Bangkok. My first impression not good enough because we flight around 7 PM and arrived in Bangkok around 8 PM. The airport not good enough, the worse part because the toilet in there and also the rubbish. I just hate every dirty place. Like usual, after passed the immigration, we went to information center and took the map. I got it. While I read the maps, I tried to ask aiport security. 

I asked how to get hotel around river in Bangkok and she told me to got the bus number A2, we have to buy ticket amount 50 Bath and then stop around national monument. It's not far, around 30 minutes. As my hope, I became stranger, after stopped in bus station, I look around, tried to find the location. I asked another tourist, checked the maps, kept walking, tried to get tuk-tuk and finally I got one kind tuk-tuk because he accept my deals. He asked me to pay amount 150 Bath, but I just wanna pay only 100 Bath. Deal!

Tuk-Tuk like bajaj in Indonesia, one of famous transportation in Bangkok but more expensive than bus. We arrived in Glur Hostel 30 minutes later, almost 00.00 AM, all store closed, we did not have choice to buy some halal food. After checked in, we bought some snack in 7 eleven and got slept. Fyi: this hostel not bad, I loved the rooms, meals, and of course the receptionist, he is so handsome: D but i hate the bathrooms, smell so bad and dirty enough.


First time in Bangkok, it was awesome. I can not to stop looking around because the landscape and buildings so stunning for me. We went to Wat Arun across the river only pay 5 Bath. The large boat helped us to enjoy the Bangkok City widely. Totally happy. Then across the river again went to Wat Pho only pay 4 Bath, I bought fresh manggo only 20 Bath and It was delicious. After felt enough in Wat Pho, we walked to another place and met someone and talked to him about Bangkok. He gave me advice to visit some place and helped me to got the cheaper tuk-tuk.


We planned to take the boat tour but because it was expensive 900 Bath, we decided to change the plan. Short stories, we met driver of tuk-tuk which gave us cheaper budget to bring us looking around Bangkok City and we said yes because only 200 Bath for a hours. He brought me to visit some historical places like Golden Mountain, Standing Buddha, etc


When time is over,  we wasted our time to find Royal mosque around Royal museum, got lost totally, I felt so tired because we walked so far. Take a breath in small mosque around it. I little worried because rain will fall and I did not have umbrella or rain coat, yeah I will play in the rain.  We walked so far to reach bus even rain fallen gradually, at the end we got the bus after asked twice in police station, so difficult to have a talk with them because they do not understand English. We went to Siam Mall then dinner before flight to Phuket.













Share this:

0 komentar :